• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston KHX-7200 DDR2-900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

I picked up 2 gig of this stuff yesterday, after extensive testing it is of no real benefit to me over the 1 gig of DDR2-533 Valueram I had in there before, apart from the fact it has added an extra gig of memory!
Its down to my rig really, more specifically the board itself, its limiting me to a 950FSB or so
Both the HyperX and the Valueram ran up to 814Mhz in my current setup at 5-6-6-18 2T - the HyperX stuff does it at 2.0v compared to the valueram at 2.3v though! I pushed the HyperX to 844Mhz but latencies were 5-7-7-19 so it made no performance benefit.
I actually find I get really good performance at 3-3-3-9-15 1T with the HyperX at 2.0v and only 570Mhz - going any higher seems to make little difference to memory benchmarks, and I like having low latencies for SETI.
So I am looking forward to running this stuff on the chipset it was intended for, or rather its little brother the new Intel 975x.

Does anyone know what chips in this RAM and have any experience with it?

Back