• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interior Case Paint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shoemaker

Registered
I've gone mad. I painted the exterior of my case, and now I want to do the interior, kinda like voodoo computers from the October issue of maximumpc.

Anyone ever attempted this? If so, is there any other precautions, types of paint, so on....I should look for before attempting this?

Mine is painted on the inside. Take out *everything* and mask anything that will not come out, like any LED connections. Standard painting tips: be sure it is clean and dry, Regular spray paint is fine, use several thin coats.

Welcome to the madness. We do not suffer from insanity, we enjoy every moment of it.

Painting the inside of the case? Yea several people have done it. I have also for one... Its not hard to do really, all you need to do is make sure it is sanded a little bit, and that you have anything you dont want the paint to get onto taped off. It is typically better to paint the inside first, but it can be done. And it can make it look very nice... On mine, I am painting it with a florescent paint so when I turn on the black light on the inside it will have a minor glow to it...

I used flourescent paint too, but the color has ended up not looking so great, so I am going to change it. I would point out that the only places you really have to be fussy are those visible through a window or that are obvious when you pop the cover off.

Back