• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much tubing you need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solex

Registered
I know this is stupid question but how much tubing did you buy for WC your pc as i am going to start wc my pc.

Depends on how many loops, how many water blocks, how big your case is, whether you have an internal or external mounted radiator, where the pump is located, etc. A simple system might get by with 4 feet. Something more involved could require 8 feet. You don't want the tubes to be too long, but too short and then you have to use tighter bends which could kink. Since tubing is relatively cheap, buy more than you'll need so you have extra, like 6 feet or so if you are cooling more than just the CPU.

Last edited:
I would get around 10 feet. That gives you plenty to make mistakes with (as long as they aren't 3 feet long) and some extra for j.i.c. purposes.

Thxs for all the replys, i will be getting 20 feet long tubing as this the first time i will watercool my pc...

Ok, guess the last time I bought hose it was for a single-loop single-block system with everything close together, so I didn't need much. Wouldn't hurt to get lots of extra. Go with 10 feet, that's a nice round number. Just do what my Daddy always told me, "Measure twice, cut once."

I'd also say that 10' is a good round number for an avg loop. Anything with external boxes or extremely large cases might be safer with 15. Don't order anything less, you never know if you might need a lil extra or a replacement.

Yeah, it has a lot to do with your setup. I have my stacker flipped to BTX and I am only cooling my CPU. I used about 4 feet of tubing.

I second that on the 15. I realised where I had made an error and had to re-run some stuff. I will be ordering more tubing this week. Had to use some braided stuff from Lowes to get me by.

20 is a good number i think. tubing is cheap, specially masterkleer. knowing that you will definately have enough is a good feeling, plus, you can always re-tube later on with the extra or something. or do something cool with it and make pencil holders out of it or something.

Am buying Tygon 1/2ID...now to do some research about pumps...

Back