• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single Chevette HC enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoreGooder

Biznatch's posts in another forum has me concerned. I'm piecing together a new rig with a Opty 175 and a 7800GT, both are to be water cooled. Problem is, I only have a Chevette HC. Biznatch said he had high temps with his similar setup (max 42C). But, there are several variables involved, such as AS5 application, flow rate, and air management thru the rad.

Do I need to upgrade my rad to a dual one like a BIX2 or BIX3?

I've been playing around in the forums and haven't been able to come to a conclusion.

With my current rig (P4C800-E Dlx, 2.4C+MC25002 OC'd to 3.3, x800xt AIW+MCW50, MAG3 pump, Chevette HC, Dual height 5.25 bay res) I hit 36C max when playing BF2.

New rig will use the exact same pump and res for sure, CPU will use an Apogee and GPU a MCW-55.

Here's a thread showing my current rig: Clicky!
As you can see in the pic, I have a great deal of time invested in the case, and I don't want to change it. At the same time, I don't want to go through the process of installing new hardware/leak testing and so on if I will just wind up having to tear it all out and start over to accommodate a larger Rad.

Advice needed!

Back