• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Senn HD201s...wow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

I got the Sennheiser HD201s for xmas and just had a chance to test them out right now and they are AMAZING. These are my first decent pair of headphones so I may be a bit biased. These 24ohm cans sound incredible but really need enough power to drive them. I tested them on both my Chaintech AV-710 and Creative Audigy 2. The AV-710 is much clearer but you can easily tell that the music is missing A LOT because the AV-710 doesn't have any op-amps. On the Audigy 2 although the bass is overdone and isn't as clear overall compared to the AV-710, works very well because of how good the phones are and that the phones weren't designed for booming bass - it works since it balances each other out. Even with the Audigy 2 having op-amps I still had to put the volume at 70% or more to have them sound good. Very satisfied with Sennheiser.

I also got the Senn MX500 earbuds for x-mas, unfortunately my Creative Muvo doesn't drive them too well, only sounds as good as the creative headphones that came with the Muvo which isn't too bad. Wish I had a cmoy or an ipod. Blows the $10-30 sony earbuds out of the water.

Back