• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

program to rip audio from DVD movie?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

Ok, i'm currently on a ThunderCats Binge....for christmas i got the ThunderCats DVD sets.

Well, i was able to find the Opening theme song online to use as my startup theme. but there's a line from the show i want to use for my shutdown theme.

the line is either " Ancient spirits of Evil, Transform this dicayed from, to Mum-ra The ever living ". that one isn't to hard to find. If i have to, i'll use that.

but what i want is " As long as there is evil, Mum-ra lives....Mumra-lives....MUM-RA LIVES! " or something along those lines. But i can't find that quote to download anywhere.

Soooo, i want to extract that audio clip off the DVD. its on a specific episode.

But i don't have a program, nor know of one which will let me do this.

If i have to, i'll convert that episode to .mpg, or .avi or whatever, then use a program i have to extract the audio. But i need a program to let me do that, or one that will just extract audio.

Also, i wish not to pay money for a program. all i want is a 15 second long clip from a DVD. i'm not paying money for a 15 second clip.

dvdx copy platinum/dvd decrypter have audio options, instead of burning the movie etc, you can unclick everything you don't want to burn and just leave the audio clicked. even if you burn the whole movie in its entirety, dvd decrypter puts the audio in a separate file. hope this helps.

OMG, THANKS GUYS!

nilo, your suggestion worked perfectly!

once it finished making the file, i just had to open the file up in a Wav editor, and cut out the part i wanted!

i'm super happy now!

Now when my PC boots up i have it say " Ancient spirits of evil...Transform this decayed form...to mum-ra, the ever living! "

and whenever i shut down my PC it now says " Wherever there is evil...Mum-ra lives....Mum-ra lives...MUM-RA...LIVES!!!! ( then evil laugh )"

WOOT, i'm so happy now.

Thanks for the reply's!

Back