• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 3200 venice temps problem... too low?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Francesco2

Registered
Hi.. I think my cpu temeratures are a bit too low and I'm starting to worry maybe the sensor is not working properly...
My cpu is an A64 3200 venice, overclocked at 2.6ghz 1.575 volts cooled by XP-90, it's 600 mhz more than its stock frequency, a strong overclock so I would expect higher temps..
My mobo is a DFI infinity

I'm using nTune to read the temps... my idle cpu temp is 16c.. can it be considering that my cpu is strongly overclocked? My load temps are credible.. 33-34c under prime95 torture test ... but still a bit lower than those I would expect.
Anyway... I heard that nTune has some problems with DFI mobos.. is it true? Should I avoid using it? It seems to work properly apart from the fact that it says my memory is running at 550 mhz while it's running at 400 mhz ( this is probably because it does not consider that my memory is on the 4:3 setting )

I tryed also to use latest version of Speedfan to read temps.. temp1 is the cpu temp right?
Well my idle temp1 is about 20c, even something lower..
I don't know if this is normal but my temps are not stable in speedfan... one sec the temp is 21c .. the next sec is 06c ... then 11c... then 24c... is this normal?
My load temps seems to bo only 2 or 3c over the idle temps... they are about 22-23.. and they are unstable as idle temps... one sec they are at 22 the next sec at 11 .. then 30 .. then 18 ... then 8c.... what's going on with speedfan?
Temp2 and temp3 are stable at 27c and 37c no matter if idle or load they are always 27 and 37c

probably a problem with the motherboards temp sensors. thats what i would look for. I have a 3200+@2700mhz and my idle temps are 34-35 and load temps seem to top out at 43. And this is with an xp-120 and a fan that flows 98.4cfm.

You might try smartguardian.. I think it comes on the driver CD for your mobo. Also have you looked in bios?

I forgot to say that I am currently open case... could this make the difference?

How many volts are you running your cpu at? Which core does it have? How do you monitor your temps?

On stock settings 2.0ghz 1.55v my idle temp is again 16c .. 30c load.
EDIT: my cpu temp in the bios is 23-24c

EDIT2: I tryed also with smartguardian... here I have 2 temps system1 and system2.. one is at 28c the other at 36c ... they doesn't seem to change on load.. so I guess none of the two is the cpu temp :confused: they are like temp2 and temp3 in speedfan.. where is cpu temp in smartguardian ?

EDIT3: I downloaded a new version of smartguardian... now it is showing cpu temeperature... the problem is that it seems to be unstable as it is in speedfan.. one second 18c.. than 28c.. then 33c... than 6c...

So the only program that seems to show a stable cpu temperature is nTune

Last edited:
Back