• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5LD2-D, Can't OC ram when locking PCI-E to 100Mhz????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Ok, here's a wierd one....

My setup's in my sig... When I OC past 220 FSB and have my PCI-E buss locked to 100 Mhz, I can't OC my RAM at all and have to run at normal speed. If I set the PCI-E lock to auto, I can OC my RAM all day.... I've tried upping the volts and loosening the timings on the RAM to no avail....

What would cause something like this??? Is there another voltage I can up in the BIOS to help out??? Thanks for any help!

From EVERYTHING I've read, when OCing your FSB, you want to lock the PCI-E to 100Mhz to avoid damaging the card... I don't want to toast an 350.00 ATI card...

hmm i dont think its a problem on this board...

have you tried locking it into 101 ?

do you have latest bios ?

leave it on auto.

I have 2 p5ld2's, p5wd2 prem and non ... they all have the same setting default setting=auto, and all are oc'ed to 250+ fsb.

I have read in other threads that you need to leave it at auto to keep it locked ... others have tried like you and found it hurt oc.

You still need to lock the pci at 33 tho.

Also, I doubt that a too high frequency will hurt components ... they just won't work right. Not like too much voltage which can hurt.

Thing is, I don't want my X1800XL to not work right... Is there a way to check what speed the bus is running at when set to auto???

Download clockgen and overclock your machine slightly and boot into windows, load up cg and it will tell you the bus speeds. If they are locked you're all set.

Nexus Realized said:
Download clockgen and overclock your machine slightly and boot into windows, load up cg and it will tell you the bus speeds. If they are locked you're all set.

Just went to CPUID's site and saw this warning under the P5G boards....

(* ClockGen may report wrong PCI Express / PCI frequencies on these boards, as they use a different model of clock generator)

Not to mention the P5L isn't listed as a compatible board.... Any other suggestions???

Any other ideas guys??? I have these nice shiney stick of OCZ sitting in my box that are begging for more speed! Problem is I have an expensive video card begging not to get killed.... :D

Back