• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Configuring Nvidia Firewall and Active Armor for 2 networked pcs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chickenfeed

Registered
I have the DFI NF4 Lanparty SLI-DR and have the Nvidia firewall installed. I left it at the default setting of medium and would like to know what i have to do to configure correctly to use my second pc for file and printer sharing. With the firewall disabled ( windows firewall still enabled) i am able to share files and each pc can print without a problem but once the nvidia one is on its to tight. I am new to networking so not yet to knowledgable with the more complicated aspects. Basically i have this pc and another hooked up through a linksys router.
They both get internet connection at all times regardless of firewall settings.
I like the interaface of the Nvidia firewall and active armor looks good to me. If you think these are a waste of time resources just say so because i noticed with the Nvidia stuff enabled and installed theres an extra 8 or so process with use around 40-80mb more memory. Thanks Chicken

Well i was refered to the dfi street forums and read a bit thier and it seems what i gathered about the firewall was right. Although it would be nice to have it working along side my network, the extra resources required and processes running just slows things down. Im sticking with the windows one , which was sufficient for the last 2 years on the other pc, and did some tweaking and got processes down to 25.

Back