• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vento 3600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrome-

I'm thinking about buying a sort of futuristic type of gaming case, and I was thinking about the Asus Vento 3600. I'm wondering if its contrustion as bad as some say it is?

Picture below.

ASUS-VENTO-3600.jpg

It's ugly too. Check out the cases by Aspire. I've never had one before but they look like what you're looking for

Aww, I think I'll be skipping the gaming cases and just go with a nice Antec or Lian-Li.

crash, have you ever seen the case in person? it's damn sexy. it actually has a glossy paintjob. I know somebody here had one and it looked very nice. this case isn't very bad, but it's not too great either. the design isn't as good as some of the better ones but I like it.

-1cem4n

Well I haven't seen it in person but I don't think it would do any more justice than what I see in the pictures. I like cases like my CM Stacker or the Antec P180.

personally i like the case but 150 is a bit too steep for me, i have an aspire dreamer case and cant be happier though. 50 bucks and good cooling with a few fans for good circulation. upgraded the psu it came with to an aspire 520w. i was even curious as to how well the vento cooled my self if it does the job i still might just get one!

i have a vento (blue flavor) and it definitely causes a stir when guests come over to visit. but the looks are a love/hate thing. it gets pretty good cooling if you add a couple of fans over the front intakes, and it's very easy to open the side panel. on the minus side, it could use a bit more room inside the case. it's also extremely heavy so don't plan on lugging it to lan parties. :p

kovboi said:
i have a vento (blue flavor) and it definitely causes a stir when guests come over to visit. but the looks are a love/hate thing. it gets pretty good cooling if you add a couple of fans over the front intakes, and it's very easy to open the side panel. on the minus side, it could use a bit more room inside the case. it's also extremely heavy so don't plan on lugging it to lan parties. :p

Thank you for your input, but I'm wondering if the magic-hood thing for the drivebays and side panel are as weak as some are saying. Can you fill me in on this?

edit: I also heard the front vent fins are easily broken off, please tell me if that is true or not.

Chrome- said:
Thank you for your input, but I'm wondering if the magic-hood thing for the drivebays and side panel are as weak as some are saying. Can you fill me in on this?

edit: I also heard the front vent fins are easily broken off, please tell me if that is true or not.
i leave the magic hood open most of the time, but it's not really a problem. it does flip up quickly if you don't keep your finger on it when opening. the side panel seems fine, as do the front vent fins. i guess if you were going to move the case around a lot then it might become an issue if you're not careful handling it (but you'd need a pretty strong back to move it around much :p ). otherwise, it's fine for normal use.

Do you think I could do watercooling in it? I've heard it's extremely small.

Chrome- said:
Do you think I could do watercooling in it? I've heard it's extremely small.
i don't know as i've never messed with water cooling, but it is a little cramped inside the case. you would at least need a free standing tank.

Back