• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NeoPower 480W, is this good for my new system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arrowana

Hi all,
I am building a new system but want to use the old NeoPower power supply. Please let me know if this would be good enough for the the spec. below, I really don't want more money:

2 Sata HD, raid 0
1 IDE HD.
2 DVD drive
DFI Lan Party NF4 ultra - D
Opteron 165 - overclock
7800GT
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
3 120mm case fans.

NeoPower spec.

+5V +12V1 +12V2 +3.3V -12V +5Vsb

38A 18A 15A 30A 1.0A 2.0A

Thank you for your inputs.

:welcome: to O/C forums!

That neopower will run the system, but that's about it. Don't expect to oc because you're going to be running the bare minimum with that neo power. My suggestion: Get something with beefier rails. 3 hdd's, 2 optical drives and that 7800GT will be sucking the life out of that neo power 480, not counting the fact that DFI paired up with that 165 will pull power just to run.

stay clear of that power supply

I bought my neopower 480 1.5yrs ago (3yr warranty). So much for spending more for what I thought was a quality power supply. Last night I moved the pc.... it ran fine. Then when I rehooked it up, the pc wouldnt boot anymore. In about 30 seconds I could see smoke coming out of the power supply vents.

I hooked it up to my power supply tester plug and only showed a 5v signal... cooked.

Now I am buying a PC P&C supply, Antec's model here was a piece of junk. Even my cheap p/s last longer than this.

Back