Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!
Forum Jump

we beat OCAU by 10k points yesterday!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 04:28 PM Thread Starter   #1
veryhumid

we beat OCAU by 10k points yesterday!

it seems we have finally caught up to them for ppd! I hope the trend continues and we close the gap before they can speed up their production!

good work!

us: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...ry.php?s=&t=32

them: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...ry.php?s=&t=24

< FOLD!
< Heatware

< EVGA X58, 920, TRUE, 12GB Corsair, 2 x EVGA GTX 285, Enermax Revolution, Velociraptor, 7 64-bit
veryhumid is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-11-06, 04:45 PM   #2
WarriorII
Moderator #666

10 Year Badge

Our Trend line looks more stable.

Flatter progression.

Thiers is taking a nose dive.

FOLD for Team 32
IS THERE A CURE AMONG US?

Black Belt Overclocker MyHeatware under WarriorII
WarriorII is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-11-06, 05:14 PM   #3
aeiou

Its summer there

Old 01-11-06, 07:17 PM   #4
TollhouseFrank
Senior Headphone Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeiou
Its summer there

Yeah, but they are taking a larger nose-dive than we normally take during summer.

TollhouseFrank is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-11-06, 07:29 PM Thread Starter   #5
veryhumid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeiou
Its summer there
i always have heard that is a factor, but i'm up in the northeast, I always run the same number of computers, same OC. what is the big reason why they produce less?

< FOLD!
< Heatware

< EVGA X58, 920, TRUE, 12GB Corsair, 2 x EVGA GTX 285, Enermax Revolution, Velociraptor, 7 64-bit
Old 01-11-06, 07:55 PM   #6
Dan Derrig

idk, I have a celeron 2.66 and an athlon 64 3000+ venice at 2.2 folding 14/7 lol. night they go off because I cant sleep with em on. I'll be borging more soon, lol
Dan Derrig is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-11-06, 08:23 PM   #7
godofgorks

I got used to the sound.. actually have trouble sleeping without the sound of whirling fans... and raw processing power near me....

DOWN WITH OCAU....

ONWARD TO [H]

Yes, they will come back, but lets kick the snot outta them while they are down..

my HEAT
godofgorks is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-11-06, 08:23 PM   #8
ghettocomp
Master of teh Ghetto Mods

Location: Choosing between two evils, I might pick the one I've never tried before.

No matter what, I am glad that my 400 or so points went towards upping the drend for 32!

Old 01-11-06, 08:25 PM   #9
davekusa

we'll see how our numbers hold in april/may. Last year our highest output was in march. We were 15 million points out of first and closing on both OA and H.
davekusa is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-11-06, 08:26 PM   #10
Nexus Realized

Great news, Lets keep it up!!
Nexus Realized is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-11-06, 08:50 PM   #11
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryhumid
i always have heard that is a factor, but i'm up in the northeast, I always run the same number of computers, same OC. what is the big reason why they produce less?
The largest factor that affects us is probably the school cycle, when class is out and we lose a large number of school borgs (dorm comps, friends moving places without consistent net access like they had on campus, etc)

As for Australia, I was under the impression that their warm season is a VERY warm season and it really takes a toll on their ability to fold on at full power... If we had historical data anywhere we could probably see that their percentage of folding powerloss at this time of year is similar to other years.

As for how we are doing however, we've been steadily advancing our stance. Though its been a slow build as of late, its nice to know we have built a large stable base underneath ourselves... The numbers and participation for [H] and OCAU fluctuate a lot as they have nabbed massive recruits numerous times in the past year, and then theres also later an exodus of some number of those recruits not long thereafter.

I used to have an account over at OCAU but I haven't been over that way lately. If I find some time to check out the situation over there I'll let you know if its anything other than the weather, but that is almost certainly it.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-11-06, 09:40 PM   #12
davekusa

From what I remembered from last year, this is typical. I went and checked my records. They should be back to normal production in about 2nd to 3rd week in feburary. Look for their production to start rampup febuary 1st.
Old 01-11-06, 11:11 PM Thread Starter   #13
veryhumid

thanks for clearing that up IMOG

< FOLD!
< Heatware

Old 01-12-06, 06:33 AM   #14
KingFish

wow, wtg OC!
KingFish is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-12-06, 08:09 PM   #15
Auslander

Yes indeed the weather is a major factor, but also as it's school holidays in all states, this also has an effect on OCAU output.

I shut down all my boxen in the hotter months, basically between November and March. Still warm outside that time frame but i push it as far as possible.

Where i am it's been non stop over 100f and on some days over 120f for the last few months, with a few months of it still to go. A terrible strain for PC equipment all designed for EU or US/CA weather temps. No Computer makers design stuff for the hotter countries(i'm talking stock of course). Unless i get Air conditioning, then i'll never be able to fold during the spring/summer/autumn months.

I know many folders at OCAU are in the exact same boat as me, plus of course during summer people are away at the beach or on holidays around the joint, and not at home. A few factors involved, same as anywhere i spose. Just that our hot period is generally hotter and longer than most other countries.
Auslander is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-12-06, 09:08 PM   #16
pscout
Senior Newbie Cannon-Fodder - R. I. P. good buddy :(

Thanks for the post Auslander!

I will have a one (or two) for you!

Those temps would be murder ... when we get near 100 here it is awful, especially with the humidity that always accompanies it. But nearly perfect folding weather here now (above freezing atm but sub zero again by the weekend).

4x Q6600 GO @ 3.1-3.3 on p35-DS3R/DS3L, p5k
4x x3210 B3 @3.0-3.1 on DS3 rev 3.3
x3220 B3 @3.0 on g33-ds2r
3x E6600 @2.8-3.5 on p5b, ds3, p5w64
E6320 @ 3.15 on ds3
1x930 c1 @4.0 on p5wd2-E

Folding for OCF Team 32 as pete_scout
pscout is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-23-06, 04:30 PM   #17
davekusa

oacu will be up to 500k a day within 2 weeks.
Old 01-23-06, 04:44 PM Thread Starter   #18
veryhumid

yup, looks like they were just missing a borg or something. they have killed us the last couple days.

< FOLD!
< Heatware

Old 01-23-06, 10:22 PM   #19
the garynator
Chief folding_monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofgorks
I got used to the sound.. actually have trouble sleeping without the sound of whirling fans... and raw processing power near me....
lmao, i got used to it about a year ago when i had a 92mm Tornado running full bore 24/7 lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofgorks
DOWN WITH OCAU....

ONWARD TO [H]

Yes, they will come back, but lets kick the snot outta them while they are down..
I think we can gain some ground this summer, seeing as most of us are based in cooler climates, if we try to keep a constant number of rigs at least, i think we stand a chance at gaining a decent amount of ground on OCAU and the [H]orde.

We also need to get our site back up, more front page coverage, more borgage and mostly more recruiting, that is where all of OCAU and [H]'s power comes from is getting huge numbers of new members...

we don't have the infrastructure in place right now to recruit massive amounts of new folders, however, myself and some of the other guys are working towards fixes for part of them...

Right now we're pretty much keeping up purely on borgs/new farms. And frankly, i'm suprised we've kept up so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscout
Those temps would be murder ... when we get near 100 here it is awful, especially with the humidity that always accompanies it. But nearly perfect folding weather here now (above freezing atm but sub zero again by the weekend).
Man, i know 90+ up here in Wisconsin is murder whether it's uber humid or just a bit... but we all have air conditioning, I can't imagine living in a place that's 100+ regularly, much less not having A/C in that weather... but I guess it's kinda the same both ways, i'm sure you (Auslander) couldn't imagine swimming in 50 degree (F) weather.

Anyway, thanks for filling us in Auslander, and

Fold On! to everyone!

Lian Li V2000b; Promise EX8350 Raid controller; 120GB G.Skill SSD; 9x 320gb (2x RAID 0 ext); 150gb Raptor; 500gb; 3x 1tb; 4x 2tb; PCP&C 610w and 750w; MSI 280GTX; Asus Rampage Formula; Q6600 @ 3.2ghz; 8gb GSkill DDR800; Liteon DVDRW; 32" 1080p LG; 22" Dell widescreen

Black Belt Ubercloxx0r

My Heat
the garynator is offline Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-24-06, 01:12 PM   #20
Rev

Sigh, we were so close.

OCZ520 PSU in a Thermaltake Armor Series
Apogee Waterblock, BIX2 Rad, Swiftec MCP655 Pump, and 2x Panaflo 120mm Mediums
CPU Temp Load (Dual Prime large fft): 52/48 TAT 54/53 CoreTemp 55 Asus Probe

Folding for T32
Rev is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!