• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No rear channel output from sound card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Hey all, I have a chaintech AV-710 card. I'm trying to to get sound to the rear 2 speakers. My speakers, (klipsch 4.1's) have a green plug for front and maroon for rear. I've plugged the maroon plug into green port on the sound card and I then get sound in the rear speakers (but obviously not front). But other than the one green port on the card, nothing else outputs sound. I'm using the envy control panel and clicking on speaker test, and always the front 2 speakers work when I click on them (i've tried 4 speaker, 6 and 8 mode while plugging in the rear speaker cable into every port and to no avail).

Anyone have this happen?

heh, I found an audigy laying around and threw it in and had the same problem (but I don't have the creative console), so I went into the windows one and changed it and it works (the audigy)....heh probably was the same problem with the other card.

Thanks, I figured it was just a creative problem with the windows thing...thought the via console would fix it, well time to put it back in and test.

Back