• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati x1800 Overclocking tool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HomerPepsi

Registered
I cant seem to get a good overclock with ATI tool on my ATI x1800 XT, I believe its because of the 2d/3d clock. I normally use ATI Tool, and would be using the ati overclocker tool because you can choose the 3d clock, but It doesnt work anymore since I installed the 5.13's (Im also running Win XP pro x64, but it worked with the 5.12's and less). With ATI tool 0.25 beta 11) I run into artifacts and locks with my core at 710 and higher with 1.425v, memory I can get up in the 900's no probs before its starts to artifact.

Fan speed 100%, good temps at those speeds, load 62*C, idle 44*C.

What have you guys been using to get good overclocks on the x1800's?

thanks
aaron

Nothing wrong with the clocks your are getting via ATI Tool 11. You need more voltage or drop your memory overclock to around 860mhz to bump up the core. I run 1.45/2.05v for 722/882 on CF setup.

Single card I can do 756/882 with the same voltages. Cards overclock differently also, I'm sure your aware of that. Your temps are higher than mine, but I run outside of a case.

2.05? Do you mean 2.5? Lowering the mem volts from stock cant be good at that OC, can it?

Allright, I figure out what was giving me grief. Catalyst Control Center is overriding my ATI Tool clocks as it implements its own 2d/3d clocks. I know that ATI tool is supposed to disable the 2d/3d but it's not. Everytime I start up a 3dmark bench I get the same score as usual normal, then check in with ATI Tool and its reset my clocks. Hmmmm........

Anyway to override the CCC 2d/3d control?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I closed the 2 Ati2evxx.exe and it seems to have stopped the 2d/3d clock switch all together.

Aaron

Last edited:
HomerPepsi said:
2.05? Do you mean 2.5? Lowering the mem volts from stock cant be good at that OC, can it?

Allright, I figure out what was giving me grief. Catalyst Control Center is overriding my ATI Tool clocks as it implements its own 2d/3d clocks. I know that ATI tool is supposed to disable the 2d/3d but it's not. Everytime I start up a 3dmark bench I get the same score as usual normal, then check in with ATI Tool and its reset my clocks. Hmmmm........

Anyway to override the CCC 2d/3d control?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I closed the 2 Ati2evxx.exe and it seems to have stopped the 2d/3d clock switch all together.

Aaron

Hell no he doesn't mean 2.5v. He means 2.05v.

Back