• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Portable GPS car systems, which one should I buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I first want to say that I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but it seams like this question belongs here. GPS devices are hardware, but they aren't standard PC hardware...so if it doesn't belong here, I'm really sorry.

Ok, well I just recently got a job as a remote field service technician, and I need to find places...fast. I have always thought GPS was cool, but I never actually needed one until now (ok, well I don't need one, but it would make my job a WHOLE lot easier). Anyway, I am actually in circuit city right now, and looking at some garmin units, and they seam to be the most responsive. The others had lag in between commands, and I don't like that at all.

But obviously one store doesn't have all the models available, so I thought I'd ask of every one Else's experiences with GPS Navigational systems. Any advice, or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

I'd build a carputer and hookup one there. Or if you have a laptop and just want the GPS function....head over to www.mp3car.com They're tons of reviews and suggestions over there.

ajrettke said:
I'd build a carputer and hookup one there. Or if you have a laptop and just want the GPS function....head over to www.mp3car.com They're tons of reviews and suggestions over there.

unfortunately I can't do that for many reasons :(. One being that it is way to complicated, and I need a quick solution. But I'll check out mp3car.com and see what type of info they have, because I definitely want to do that someday. Thanks for the URL.

Last edited:
Back