• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Me Ghetto rigged cooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cxrazy

Registered
lol, Yall cant take it.

31 C at full load.

**** water cooled.

Attachments

• P1010238.JPG
    P1010238.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 3,494
Which way is the HSF pointing? You might want to turn it round if its blowing outward.

Got any OC on that?

:welcome:

wrong forum lol :p
this should be moved to cooling

congrats on teh getto coolin

Welcome to The Forums! :)

But yeah, this should be in Cooling.

And you need to update the ghetto quotient, man! ;)

Folks in here regularly do caseless systems, carboard boxes, zip-tied fans, box fans instead of the side panel and more, lol.

And I haven't even brought UP some of the case mods that look they were done by merely ripping apart the metal with brute strength instead of a cutting tool! :D

If you want to go for Ghetto Gold around here, you have to do some pretty ugly, cheap and cheasy stuff to catch up with teh rest of us....

But you are started on your way! :) :clap:

You'll get the hang of where to post stuff before long, but the general idea is to keep things in the most appropriate area for the thread- since this is about Ghetto Cooling, the Cooling Section is the best fit.

If you were to post about using pliers to rip an airflow hole in a side panel (done it ;)) then it would go in Alternative Modding, and so on.

Last edited:
Isn't that too close to your monitor? Looks like it'll get annoying if its that close.

Did you remove the other side panel on the other side so air would go right through? I have a small fan simliar to that, but I only blow it from the front of the case because the case is in one of those desk computer compartment things with a door.

naww...

My heatsink fan broke, thats why Im using it..

Its an emachines if u can tell... I OC'd it like 200 Mhz... Not that big of difference.

Actually, to keep it cool with that fan I had to underclock it. way down to like 1.5 Ghz... lol

HE HE... thats just about as ghetto as my HD cooler.... Old p4 hs some rubber bands and some thermalright thermal paste

Attachments

• DSCF0073.JPG
    DSCF0073.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 286
That's like, overkill for a HDD, lol. I don't think heatsinks are even needed on a HDD, a simple fan would be enough, but at least that's "ghetto".

haha i do that when benching :p since i only have the stock cooler on my 3000+ venice, getting speeds above 2.7ghz on it its kinda hard without a big burly desk fan blowing into the case.. that and the chipset gets damned hot being at 300+HTT and having the heat from the gfx dumped on it ;)

Careface*

LOL I remember when I used one of those for cooling as well. I used it to cool my Pentium 60 when I bumped it up to a blazing 66 MHZ LOL. I got and upgraded one now, (oh yeah and a computer too. :p )

100CFM1.JPG

Ultimate_Air_Cool_2.JPG

J/K I used this setup for a few days last year to do some testing with an 1100 CFM fan. :D

rogerdugans said:
Welcome to The Forums! :)

And you need to update the ghetto quotient, man!

If you want to go for Ghetto Gold around here, you have to do some pretty ugly, cheap and cheasy stuff to catch up with teh rest of us....

But you are started on your way! :) :clap:

Cxrazy,

as (self proclaimed) "Ghetto Ghod of Overkill Cooling" i would like to welcome you to the OC Forums...:welcome:

pict03115cs.jpg

BRING IT!!! :p

you should probably replace your HSF... or... take the old fan off and duct-tape a nice big loud new fan to the old heat sink :attn:

EDIT:
the diamond in my ghetto ghod crown is the fact that that IS the legendary Delta GFB1212VHW fan.
(thanks SSS / E.C.!!)

Last edited:
That is pretty Gahetttttooo

Yeah, the big one is gone... Got a new HSF from my local computer supply store.

I still need to bring it back up to normal. Its at 1500 Mhz and I cant tell a difference from it at 2088 Mhz.

Back