• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well after acouple weeks this is the OC I have

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crispy

Well after messing with my new rig for acouple weeks, reinstalling windows a few times, and alot of testing, I have made it to 3089-90Mhz.
I have voltage set to 1.55V.
At first I wasn't able to get past 2950. Then after benching, playing games, Priming at night I was able to raise it up slowly but surely.
Can I raise my voltage higher as long as my Temps are low? idle 27-29c, Load 36-38c.
Also if I hit the Max of my CPU is there nothing else I can do? Like how memory has timings to adjust. Does the CPU have anything I can do? Or it's pretty much just voltage?
I would like to just try and get around 3100Mhz, but I also would mind just seeing how far I can up it, but I'm just worried about frying it the high voltage.
Also how accurate is motherboard monitors Temps?
Sandra benching says my cpu is about 5-6 degrees hotter than Mobo Monitor.

Anything over 3GHz for an AMD proc is nice, so don't worry if you can't go much farther.

Is your memory run 1:1? Post more info about the speed and timings and people can help you more.

Other than pure cpu speed, once you find your max, tighten your memory timings as much as possible.

As far as voltage, you need to tell what kind of cooling you're using. I wouldn't think about going to 1.6v unless you're water cooled, but your temps look fine.

Good luck.

Back