• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spec me a cooling solution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oldsouth

Registered
I am considering water cooling or some other form of quite cooling. I have a Antec P180 with 4800 Athlon. Temps of the CPU are rather high, but not too bad. My main concern is the fan on the GPU. All the other fans are pretty quiet. Use the Zalman 7700cu on the processor. I would like for the system to be quiter when under load. Especially the GPU fan. Thinking about water cooling the GPU and processor. I have plenty of room behind the desk for a radiator out of the system. What are the best components reguardless of price for cooling the CPU and GPU. Thought about leaving the case fans running because they are quiet. Chipset has heatsink, no fan. Board is Asus A8N-SLI Premium. Have system overclocked to 2640 mhz limited by cpu temp of 68 degrees under sustained load. Should be able to go higher with watercooling.

If i were you, i would get a scythe ninja and get a good quite fan. this config will give the zalman a run for its money.

Get the nexus or a delta triblade on a fan controller.

Note that the delta is difentely not considered a "Quite Fan". Its in fact quite loud but can be silenced with a controller.

Tyreal said:
If i were you, i would get a scythe ninja and get a good quite fan. this config will give the zalman a run for its money.

Get the nexus or a delta triblade on a fan controller.

Note that the delta is difentely not considered a "Quite Fan". Its in fact quite loud but can be silenced with a controller.
I second the Scythe, I use 2 120mm Coolermaster fans with the exhaust running full and the pusher slightly below full. What's good about my arrangement is that I'm using crossflow meaning I'm not blowing hot air on the mobo just cool air. Works real well with the DFI and BFG 939 mobos as the ram is mounted inline with the airflow.

Back