• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cy

The avatars in the forums are really great, it's nice to see all the creativity. I was wondering about an official team avatar. Something to show unity and to help advertise when people post in other threads. As I was thinking I wondered about possibly including some kind of markers to show certain stats for the member. Things like the following:

w/us
team position
# of recruits added to the team
any team records held
time running seti
etc.

Just a little something to think about. :)

Cy

I realize this is very crude but you guys prolly get the idea.

teamavatar.gif

Cy

I could make 'um, but GifMovieGear's trial period expired..... So I guess we have to wait for Reddeathdrinker, or one of the others in the crew.... Mabey you should post in the avatar thread in General Disscussion... Then you could have lots of people working on the avatar....

My thing is.... As long as I get my avatar back eventually, I'm OK with it. Like all the SETI members change their avatars for a week or mabey a month....

JigPu

How about something like this to let everyone know who we are?
Right next to your name?:cool: :cool:

I like the team avatar idea best but the SETI dish would be OK especially if it could be hyperlinked to the team page or something.

Good idea. :)

Cy

We've already got the links in our sigs (most of us hopefully) so I think that would be a bit too much redundancy to get Skip to set up. I do like the avatar adjustment idea though. Maybe have the green dish in one corner of the avatar.

*edit Btw: Bodezafa, you really need to see a chiropractor about that skeleton of yours!

I also agree that a team avatar is a good idea. My suggestion: maybe list the persons most recent milestone (i.e., 100 WUs, 500 WUs) etc. Or whatever...the key would be to individualize each members avatar somehow.

Real Time impossible.

However........

I would be willing to mod your current avatars so the "team" one shows as well, like a slide-show............Your avatar for 5 seconds, SETI team one for 2 sort of thing..........I'll do mine tonight to see what you think..........:D

I think the dish next to your name would be easier then modding everyone's avatars all the time. IMHO

reddeathdrinker said:

Easier on poor ol' Skip tho'!

It's not a problem doing it, takes a couple of minutes each...........
Yah but the way some of us change avatars.......
maybe he (Skip) could put something in the user cp that says
Member of Seti team yes, no. Yes= dish by name???
I don't know what it takes to do something like that just an idea.
Skip does a great job here and I don't want to be a burden on him...

Originally posted by reddeathdrinker
Post it in Forum comments then. But remember, the Folders will want something too..........
Yah I know they will want something too but they can come up with their own design, maby a DNA string or something like that

We could all change our location details to "Crunching for SETI" though!
I like them the way they are

Im not sounding pushy am I????

Posted in Forum comments. so If any one wants to put their $0.02 in do it there

bodezafa said:
I like them the way they are

Im not sounding pushy am I????

Nope, not to me at least. For god sakes, see a doctor about that spine! :D

Back