• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make your gf / wife play games ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

I wonder how you all married ppl manage to do that :p my fiance's first aim is my xbox and perhaps she is gonna leave the puter so she can use it :p she is not at ALL into gaming ...

grrrrrr !!!!! maybe i should teach her playin something :p but than again if she gets addict than again i am in trouble ... its do or die situation :p

My wife only likes driving games like PGR and NFS. She just doesn't understand why I like FPS...and hockey games.

I think board/card games are more wife/gf friendly since they involve more personal attention....women need too much emotional stimualtion of which most current video game lack.

I would just say "If we get married I will be doing alot of video game playing, now you can sit there and watch me and be bored, or you can learn to play and have fun" Maybe start out with games like Zelda and slowly work your way to the games like Doom. Good luck :thup:

Got to let her pick the game. Take her to the mall buy her a pretzel, go to the game store and get her to look around. My wife likes Tomb Raider games the best.

Yes you can get them to play Zelda but DooM or HL2 Quake, na

You can always tell her that, "A couple who plays together, will stay together."

BTW....That didn't work with my ex wife and she used to play games with me. :rolleyes:

Get her Dungeon Siege. It worked for my wife. Also, I had a couple of lan parties with my sister and her boyfriend and now she can play WCIII TD maps with the best of us. Dont yell at her and try to help her level up a character in DS and she will probably get hooked and want to play through the whole story with you. And the cool thing about that game, is once you are done and beat it together there really isnt any real reason to play it again. So its win win for you if you can get her to play that one with you. Also, DS isnt that hard to learn, and has much prettier graphics than D2.

This is my step by step plan:

1) Girly stuff: Sims 2
2) Cute fuzzy animals: Animal Crossing
3) Cute fuzzy animals w/ blood and gore: Conker's
4) Blood and gore: Quake 4
AND then my ULTIMATE GOAL...
5) The best game ever and the game I own at: Pong

baqai said:
I wonder how you all married ppl manage to do that :p my fiance's first aim is my xbox and perhaps she is gonna leave the puter so she can use it :p she is not at ALL into gaming ...

grrrrrr !!!!! maybe i should teach her playin something :p but than again if she gets addict than again i am in trouble ... its do or die situation :p

Make sure the girlfriend or marriage material is into gaming before hand, I don't know if I'd try forceing someone into it Lol.

OC Noob said:
This is my step by step plan:

1) Girly stuff: Sims 2
2) Cute fuzzy animals: Animal Crossing
3) Cute fuzzy animals w/ blood and gore: Conker's
4) Blood and gore: Quake 4
AND then my ULTIMATE GOAL...
5) The best game ever and the game I own at: Pong

With most scenarios, it will end after step 1. You will never see her again, and her life will be consume by her digital family, which she fondly calls The <insert your last name here>

buy her flowers and explain how much you'd like her to give it more attention. promise her things like...

1. you'll go to the in-laws more often
2. you'll stop giving her the special look when you want some
3. you'll make her dinner more often
4. you'll ( fill in the blank as long as it begins with "I will" )

etc....

Xtreme Barton said:
buy her flowers and explain how much you'd like her to give it more attention. promise her things like...

1. you'll go to the in-laws more often
2. you'll stop giving her the special look when you want some
3. you'll make her dinner more often
4. you'll ( fill in the blank as long as it begins with "I will" )

etc....

Ah no way! I think it might be worth it just to keep playing alone at that rate.....lol :cool:

for my wife?

She plays Sims... A LOT. When I got her Sims2 with both expansions... she ... well let's say i had a good night that night. :sn:

But as for other games.... she loves racing. She's better at NeedForSpeed Underground than I am! She also loves Day of Reckoning 1 and 2 (I think she just like seeing big brawny men in tights :p ). And her CaW's in those games? Yeah... they own.

Christina also likes playing those stupid Yahoo Webgames that junk up her compy with ad/spyware... but hey... she enjoys them. She also likes to play with her Gameboy Advance (she hasnt' beat Kirby's Dreamland yet.... and i don't think she ever will since she threw a snit-fit after I showed her how to beat the game in about 10 minutes). She also loves one of my faves, Tetris. Of course, she doesn't like my fascination with NCAA Football(any season of the game), but she stands it enough that she is TRYING to make an ATTEMPT to learn some of hte terminology.

Girls like sims a lot... maybe get it for her for a preasant or something.

Also, you can tell her that you'll give her chocolate if she plays games. It'll work :p

Back