• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Error, DLL problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilverJag

Hey guys,

Everytime I reach the windows screen after a restart I recieve an error saying "Error loading c/windows/userinit.dll". Because of that error, my explorer.exe process won't start so I have to do it manually for it to work. Not a major problem but it is quite annoying. I looked in my system32 folder and yes, userinit.dll is missing. I tried to d/l it from the internet but no luck. Do you guys have any suggestions? Should I try to go to another computer and get the file from there using a flash drive, etc?

Thanks in advance,

I'd suggest running a virus scan, making sure you have the latest definitions installed for your scaner... or run an online scan from Symantec's site.

redduc900 said:
I'd suggest running a virus scan, making sure you have the latest definitions installed for your scaner... or run an online scan from Symantec's site.

I've done all the basic things that would normally fix such a problem. Looked up sites, online scans, av scans, adware scans, etc, etc. Nothing helped, my guess is I need a copy of that individual file.

Userinit.dll isn't a Windows file, although Userinit.exe is located in the %systemroot%\system32 directory... XP w/ SP2.

Then how come i'm recieving the error "...userinit.dll" ?

Going to sleep, ty for the replies, i'll check the rest tomorrow. Thanks again.

Back