• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with 16X160 LED Display sign

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spyrollinc

Registered
I picked this up from a store liquidation but I have no idea how to program it. It doesn't have any way to identify who made it. i've tried looking at the powersupply and googling some numbers on the circuit board but didnt find anything useful. The powersupply is made by Mean Well so it didnt help much.

Here are some pics of it.

led01.jpg

led02.jpg

led03.jpg

It uses a serial port connection. I've tried playing with software from a display company called Alpha, a program called Message Pro, I even tried using CrystalFontz but those didnt work. :bang head

Can someone help me identify this sign or give me some links to programs that might work with it?

When you start dealing with unknowns with these, its almost impossible to get them to do what you want without specs, in particular what chipset is running it. Have you tried taking the cover off?

Back