• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better than a Santa Cruz - music only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blkgti

Hey, guys. I'm thinking of buying a new sound card. I'm currently running a Santa Cruz with a pair of Swan M200s and a 10" Dayton sub in a 1.2ft^3 ported/braced enclosure. I only listen to music - no recording, no games, etc. I'm looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829121120

As many have heard the Santa Cruz, I'm hoping for some comparative opinions. I'm also open to other options. What do you think?

Maudio make great cards, though I only have experience from the audiophile series. Stable drivers, clean sound and reasonable pricing.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
what is the Santa Cruz lacking that you want to get a new card?

I have nothing to compare it to, which is why I was hoping for some comments from folks who've heard the SC.

Thanks for the comments, everybody. I've looked at the AV710 and it's cheap enough to buy as an experiment, but I'd rather make a more decisive move. OTOH, if the AV710 is a better sounding card than the SC - ie. more clarity, detail, space, dimensional content, etc - then I get one to play with. The M-Audio I linked looks great to me on paper.

Back