• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin XP PC4000 2GB Help? "Urgent"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tranceaddict

My gaming rig will be finished in like 3-6 months, should I buy the Mushkin XP PC4000 2GB (extreme performance "black") today, or wait for something else to come out? The sale ends today and its the cheapest 2gb out of the good ones; Gskill, OCZ, Crucial, etc., here in Canada. I would like to hit a high FSB (HTT) OC.

They don't overclock well. You'll be lucky to get over 260 w/ them. But you may get a lucky a set from a lucky batch. I think you'll have better luck w/ the G.Skill HZ's.

Capt_Caveman said:
They don't overclock well. You'll be lucky to get over 260 w/ them. But you may get a lucky a set from a lucky batch. I think you'll have better luck w/ the G.Skill HZ's.

I thought that they were the same UCCC has the G.Skill HZ's?

tranceaddict said:
I thought that they were the same UCCC has the G.Skill HZ's?

No these are Infenion IC's. People seem to be getting good results with them from what I have seen and if you can get them for a good price go for it :thup:

NM... I though you were talking about new Mushkin XP Redlines they are Infenion IC's but the ones with black spreaders are UCCC's indeed ;)

i just got a set to play with the other day. still havent had a chance to dive in and push them but ive got them running stock with less than rated volts and have read people getting 260-280ish with them.

the g.skills are still tempting and i might pick a pair of those up to mess around with but so far the mushkin xp 4000 kit seems like a solid 2gb kit

Here in Canada the Gskills are $25CAN more expensive than the Mushkin eXtreme Performance. I was just browsing the XtremeSystems forums and I saw a guy hit 285 with them, and a few others with 270+. Seems like a solid pair, not to mention that the reviews on Newegg are very good. BTW, I am referring to the "Black" and not Redlines. The Redlines are around $400 CAN, and I don't really plan to spend that much on ram. I would rather use that extra money for a better video card, since this is going to be a gaming rig.

where are you seeing the XP 4000. Those are UCCC chips. They are solid and clock well. We test and bin these out to get the best product and offer it to the consumer.

Duonger

I have the Mushkin XP 2 gig kit, I've gotten 270 on 3-4-3-7 and I'm extremly happy with them because all I needed was 265, but if you're going to be waiting 3-4 months I would definatly wait becasue I'm sure a better deal will come your way.

Back