• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Chips M811LU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corpsejockey

N00b squad Member
I just bought this mobo to replace a fried ecs k7s5a mostly because it was cheap, and I just need an internet rig. I have an old socket a Thunderbird with unlocked multi's and some ddr500 laying around. I was wondering if anyone had an oc experience with this board. I know the biggest dissapointment with the ecs board was no multi control. Will I be able to drop the multiplier and send the fsb through the roof with this one?

Edit: Just search for some info., and it seems these boards SUCK. Oh well, I bought it for $25 and just need it for internet use.

Last edited:
If you do pin mods it can be a very good board. I had very good luck overclocking on it with a 1.8v pin mod and some PC133 memory. It was my PC built in a while and my first overclocking machine. I miss it. It, alone with my NF7, were my most stable systems. I still like PC Chips. They may make cheap stuff, but a lot of it is great if you don't ask for too much (none the less, the KT266A has been shown to hit 166MHz FSB, PCI cards allowing). http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

Back