• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED ADVICE: Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 1 VS Zalman VF700-AlCu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El Muerte

Registered
Guys i need help here....
Got myself Gigabyte Radeon X800 silent-pipe-crapy series.
To tell you the truth, Im not satisfied......my card gets so hot (70-80 C) and sometimes i have artifacts when im playing games, so i decided to put some good cooler.
So I want to know.....wich one is better: Zalman VF700-AlCu or Artic Cooling ATi Silencer 1 rev.2 ?

Thank you all :)

Actually if you go for Zalman, go for the all copper version VF700-Cu. However, the Ati Silencer 1 rev2 is cheaper. Best price ive seen for the VF-700cu is 27 bucks and 20 bucks for the silencer. Both are silent, and both will perform really well. I've asked the same question before, and there's no head to head test between the two. General consensus is that both will work great. The silencer does expel hot air out of your case though.

I'd go with the zalman, to be quite honest.

Both perform within a reasonable margin of each other and the ability for the zalman to be switched out and used in other cards is really a plus.

Sry i didn't said that here in Serbia, Ati Silencer is about 28 euro's while Zalman is 35 euro's. So as you can see price difference is not so big :)
But on a long term, wich one is better cos i read on some forums that Silencer blows hot air out of case while Zalman (and everybody says is better) just spread hot air from the card, but it stays in case, wich leads to higher system temp.......
How accurate is this....?

I believe it is the ATI Silencer 5 (Rev. 2) that you want for your card. The Artic Cooling ATi Silencer 1 rev.2 is for all in wonder versions.

I'm still debating which cooler I'd like to slap on my card. It appears from reviews that the silencer does a slightly better job, but so many people recommend the Zalman.

Last edited:
you can always wait for Zalmans new revision, the vf900 to come out, it should be coming out in about a month i think. Its lower profile plus it has heatpipes

Back