• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

psu on the deathbed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cliffboss

all my rails are messed any where to 12v is 12.1, 5v = 5.107, 3.3v = 3.232, and vcore = 1.422, and they all fluxuate alot any where from 0.05 to 0.1v. from what i have read this is not that good.

1) Am i right about my psu dying?

2)i have been looking at new psu and are looking at the Ultra modular psu, the reveiw at tigerdirect.ca seem very positive but using the search here it is another story, so i dont know who to belive.

3)any other good psu from other manufactures that are under or around $120cnd it is for my main rig in my sig \/\/\/\/

are these readings with a digital multimeter or with software?

with the exception of the 3.3v line and vcore, a 0.1v move isn't bad at all when under
load.

Ultra PSU's are junk. Please don't buy one. If you really want to buy one, get the X-Finity series, they are made by a decent OEM. The Modular units are unreliable and unable to meet their rated outputs.

You could easily get by with an Antec Smartpower 2.0 500w, Truepower 2.0 480w, Fortron AX500-A. Should be all under $100 CDN before tax.

Back