• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these temps normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hell again,

My friend exodus7'S new opty 146 seems to be running hot. First off MBM5 has been saying its at 128degrees celcius which u think is s glitch. So we got speedfan. Sometimes it says 128 also but mostly it says that the CPU is around 30 degress celcius.

With the stock heatsink and fan it seems to be around 30 degrees and while running 3dMark05 it seems to be getting around 45, 46, 47 degrees. I say seems because I'm not sure if these programs are giving the right readings but are those normal temps for a 146 opty thats not overclocked and on stock voltage???

you can see the Specs and pics of the system here

Thanks

Last edited:
SpeedFans reading should be under Temp1 or Temp2, try looking around MSI's website for something too.

Is that the stock AMD heatsink? If so, a load temp of 45-50C would be normal, but if its not OCed or anything, might be a tad high. Might want to consider switching out for a aftermarket heatsink and try OCing it a bit.

I redid 3dMark and watched Temp1 and Temp3 on speed fan. temp1 went from 35-37 celcius so that isnt my cpu, or is is?

temp3 went from 28-46 celcius.

temp2 is saying 128 all the time so im not using it.

What would u make of that, which temp is my cpu, is it normal? Should I reinstall the Heatsink?

After having conducted another test with the speedfan temp 2 not glitched, it showed that my CPU (temp2) maxed out at 39 degrees under 3d mark 05. It's been strange day, so I'll continue to let my computer burn in and I'll keep you all posted.

Back