• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Component Video? = HDTV?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It seems like it can...but you have to make sure that the card will have a resolution that's native to the TV. For your tv, it's like 1920x1080.

ya max resolution on the thing is 2048x1536 so im sure i can make it 1920x1080 in the nvidia settings. Pluss if it dont work in my htpc... it can always replace my fx5200 :santa:

nd4spdbh2 said:
ya max resolution on the thing is 2048x1536 so im sure i can make it 1920x1080 in the nvidia settings. Pluss if it dont work in my htpc... it can always replace my fx5200 :santa:

I had the same question, and what it is, is that it has a connection to the back of the card that looks like an s-video connection, just with more connections therein. Then it has an adaptor for component cables.

I've been playing Far Cry at 1920x1080 and it is just awesome on my HDTV. It's not that big though (26") but it looks "Noice!"

You may want to check the TV to see if it has a DVI or VGA input. Many newer Digital TVs do. I currently have my HTPC with an X800PRO using the Y Pr Pb connection to my 32" Sony CRT HDTV. I think it is running at 720p (1152 x 652) Mode right now, which looked way better than 1080i, IMO.

Back