• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1000+ PPD on 170!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
I've been absent here lately, but I just wanted to show you guys what I've got cooking on my 170! :D

Don't look at the overall production... that's got a couple other rigs factored in there as well. Each instance is pushing ~520ppd w/p1481. I was getting ~550 out of instance #1 w/p1481 while I had a small Gromy on instance #2. So there does seem to be a small reduction in performance per instance when running two simultaneously. But hey... this is fine w/me. :D

EMIII_170_1481.jpg

Now if only the AMD users could get these as regularly as the P4 users get the QMDs.

I had a P1482 and a 689 point gromac pushing 750ppd on my X2 3800+ at 2700MHz. I can't seem to get two of the 1481 at a time though. That extra cache seems to make big difference too on the Opteron. Not to mention your memory timings and bandwidth. All I've got is some Geil running 224MHz at 2-3-2-7. My current P1482 instance is at 12:30 per frame.

Nice ppd Harlam.
What are your flags?
All I can get are Tinkers and the super small Gromacs. I can only get around 130-160 PPD off of them.

I had no idea these would produce so well... :shrug: then, I sneaker-netted one over to my 170 after it came in on my advmethods rig and wham! - 550ppd. I thought the high point DGros & RIBOs were the best producers on A64... had a 500pt flavor DGro the other day, can't remember which project exactly... but it did ~420ppd. Still very good ppd, but nothing like this. :santa:

@ electrorcamd - I actually pulled these in on an XP-M machine(rig 2) w/advmethods & BPs on. My 170 natively has been getting nothing but the small Gros & the occasional RIBO as of late, no matter if I set advmethods or not.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

And, oh yeah... Hey pete! How many ppd did that Intel 920 produce again? :D :p

harlam357 said:
I had no idea these would produce so well... :shrug: then, I sneaker-netted one over to my 170 after it came in on my advmethods rig and wham! - 550ppd. I thought the high point DGros & RIBOs were the best producers on A64... had a 500pt flavor DGro the other day, can't remember which project exactly... but it did ~420ppd. Still very good ppd, but nothing like this. :santa:

@ electrorcamd - I actually pulled these in on an XP-M machine(rig 2) w/advmethods & BPs on. My 170 natively has been getting nothing but the small Gros & the occasional RIBO as of late, no matter if I set advmethods or not.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

And, oh yeah... Hey pete! How many ppd did that Intel 920 produce again? :D :p

915 ppd atm ... and it does it each and every day! and an 830 doing 900 EVERY day. :D

I am pretty neutral too between AMD and Intel ... its just that when the folding bug really bit me, and i started to farm , QMD's were here.

If/when the WU stream shifts, efficient farm management will determine when/if i will replace intels with amd's. :shrug:

Of course, then i would also get to learn how to OC amd's :)

I dropped the -advmethods flag on one of my AMD rigs and now it's getting more 600 point BPGromacs instead of all the little bits and pieces it used to get. I'm dropping that flag on my other AMD rig too. Both are still set for >5MB WUs.

Back