• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any good multiplayer FPS left?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roid

Registered
Seems like every online multiplyer FPS I have played is full of people who make up some strange rules of how they think the game should be played and constantly ***** at anyone who doesn't follow their orders(and they clearly dont follow their stupid rules anyway)

Tons of hackers and cheater and exploiters tkers spamers crappy admins.

I dunno maybe I should give up online games.I get more frustrated and angry these days and dont enjoy the games.

o_O where are you playing?

play for CAL cpl.. places like that, if you're good you'll have a fun time :)

BF2? I don't see too many people hacking/cheating in Punkbuster games.

CS is quite like how your describing it as, I just ignore the public and eat them with my guns.

If he is getting frustrated at online FPS....i wouldn't recommend BF2, its put a few dents in my desk. That made me so mad sometimes when i quit at 1.03. Between the idiot players, poor admins, and horrible support on EAs side i couldn't take it anymore. Maybe i just took it too seriously but i wasn't impressed with that game. I would recommend maybe playing a slightly older game whose community has matured. Perhaps you could try out a different genre whose online tends to be more low key.

UT is good :)

Apparently Painkiller and Q4 are as well, not sure how large their fan base is though

America's Army is fun. ,I just got F.E.A.R and it seems good. I havent played much F.E.A.R online though cus i've been busy lately...

I'm in an AA clan, so thats the FPS i play the most.

I don't really like fear online. The thing is in every server some player puts away his guns and runs around really fast punching people. The game was made to have slomo and since you cant really have that online, the game moves too fast.

hehe, thats why i love teh shotgun :D somebody trys popping out and punching me, and they get a mouth full of lead

darksparkz said:
BF2? I don't see too many people hacking/cheating in Punkbuster games.

This is very true but it is unfortunately the case that many like to exploit a few of the in game 'features' (bunny hopping, dolphin diving, noob tubing at two feet etc etc) which can really get to you if you are looking for a decent straight game or however you want to call it. I, like Polish fury, can get very very pi**ed off playing it. The obvious solution would be to stop but I really enjoy the game and if you manage to get on a a good server at the right time with the right peeps it is prob my all time fav game. (In saying that it is the first game I have played online so not a lot to compare it against!)

Give me an example of why you don't like CS? Valve has it's own anti cheat software which is very effective. On the servers i frequent I see cheaters extremely rarely. maybe once a month. Try some well run servers like Lanfusion. they have many admins which take care of basic problems. you can even page an admin while playing in the server if there isn't one there. then make sure you are not in a server with FF. sometimes people playing can be annoying, but you just ignore them if they are (don't respond to their chat messages, don't be aggressive with them), and keep racking up the HS! and not to mention... this game is $20. that's like telling a crack addict (btw, do not do crack, or even consider it!) they can have all the crack they want for $20! welll. that's what it's like for me anyway ;)

Last edited:
veryhumid said:
Give me an example of why you don't like CS? Valve has it's own anti cheat software which is very effective. On the servers i frequent I see cheaters extremely rarely. maybe once a month. Try some well run servers like Lanfusion. they have many admins which take care of basic problems. you can even page an admin while playing in the server if there isn't one there. then make sure you are not in a server with FF. sometimes people playing can be annoying, but you just ignore them if they are (don't respond to their chat messages, don't be aggressive with them), and keep racking up the HS! and not to mention... this game is $20. that's like telling a crack addict they can have all the crack they want for $20! welll. that's what it's like for me anyway ;)

Even crack gets old after 6 years. :)
I dont see many cheaters anymore either. Not like the early days.
I just started playing BF2 I really enjoy that game.

bf2 is pretty nice multiplayer. only thing i dislike is the amount of people bitching just like as you said. when i bunny hop/dolphin dive/c4 toss, i get SOOO many people complaining. it is so annoying. they always say something that always relates to the next patch that is coming out. mainly because the next patch of bf2 basically takes out all those things. i guess you could say the PLAYERS of bf2 kind of made me drift away from playing. now i'm back on friggen uo { ultima online }. god that game is so addicting

the only people who complain about bunnyhopping are people with crappy aim :p at least in most games. i dunno if thats the case for battlefield 2. personally i dont bunny hop at all just cus i'm too lazy to... i'm just to busy killing to bunny hop.

I think everyone has a very good point about online gaming. What i have found is that there are people who use bad words just becasue they can or it makes them feel older. I am 21 years old and i guess i am getting old for playing games. But when i hear some 10 year old kid calling me bad words it makes me not want to play the game. All those people who complain about the bunnyhopping have a valid point but i feel it is far from the real problem. I my self like UT2K3 and BF2, also halo was good but is now full of a bunch of babies that want to get their way. Good thread and hope you figure something out

What is dauphin diving in BF2? I just started playing and I see this referenced a lot.

I've got to agree that the people who play BF2 on public servers are all gits. But the support on EA's side has been pretty poor.

GeoXx said:
now i'm back on friggen uo { ultima online }. god that game is so addicting

I have been sucked into and quit that game three times now. UO is just too addictive, Defiance Shard has stolen too much time from me.

Memex said:
Its when someone jumps then prones while in mid-air.

I just figure it's part of the game. Every game I have been in I see people jumping from bullets until they hit cover and dauphin diving.

squasher said:
I don't really like fear online. The thing is in every server some player puts away his guns and runs around really fast punching people. The game was made to have slomo and since you cant really have that online, the game moves too fast.

Gabkicks said:
hehe, thats why i love teh shotgun :D somebody trys popping out and punching me, and they get a mouth full of lead

FEAR online is great for me. The thing is, I always use the shotgun... like always. People have threatened to ban me etc if I dont put down the shotgun. I'm not teamkilling or anything - I just get a lot of kills with it. Nobody cares about the people who run around and melee, but that doesn't take any skill really. Just run around a corner and punch somebody, it's stupid. IMO they shouldnt have made that into the game. The kung fu stuff is sorta cool but holstering your gun and killing people with 2 punches is retarded.

Back