• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Project! Team Tracker.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the garynator

Chief folding_monkey
So I decided that I am going to wait until everyone's ready to start on the website, so to tide myself over, I decided that I am going to make a program... The idea kinda jumpped into my head when I was writing a list of current folding_monkeys members/borgs and their hardware in excel...i was like, this blows...wait, i can make a program for that. I am probably going to add in a way of having a master copy of everyone's records and have clients that can send updates to the server/download updates... this way everyone can input their borgs vs. just the team leader/designated authority. Here are the forms, they still aren't complete as i've only been planning/building this for about an hour... but i'm too tired to function anymore so here's what i got so far.

Attachments

• Team Tracker.jpg
    Team Tracker.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 46
  • TeamTrackerMain.jpg
    TeamTrackerMain.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 43
I also have future plans of adding full stats features for all team members/borgs... basically atm, I am thinking of having it update each member/borg's progress once every 12 hours... This functionality is a ways off, I'll probably start working on it after I get all of the other features completed and tested.

so would this be used to make a master list of what computers our team has running? or to generate ave. ppd based on certain machine specs with certain wu?

veryhumid said:
so would this be used to make a master list of what computers our team has running? or to generate ave. ppd based on certain machine specs with certain wu?

For my first release, it will be used to make a master list of what computers your username or subteam has running... these will be manually inputted. Stats such as Total subteam/username ghz will be calculated in 4 ways, AMD, Intel, Other, and Total. Other things like that will also be on the statistics section.

At a later date I plan on adding a EMIII type capability that will update once every 24 hrs. or 12hrs(don't know yet) for your borgs/other computers running under your user name, and update just like EMIII does for the computer it's running on. This way you have a general idea of how your borgs/other members are running.

I plan on using a small program that runs on each local machin that will allow the "server"(like in folding_monkeys case my machine) to connect and read the unit info file to get an updated percentage...

Also, does anyone have any functionality requests? I'll see if i can add them in... I'll be designing it tonight and will try to incorporate any realistic requests(no i can't make it mow your lawn :D )

Back