• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my PSU...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally, I would not pay this much for the power ratings on this PSU.

POS? Not necessary, it depends on how much power your system is using.

P5WD2
P4 650 3.4 GHZ (want to oc to 4.1 or so...)
1 GB OCZ DDR2 667
EVGA 6800 256
250GB MAXTOR SATAII 16MB
2 DVD DRIVES,
BIG TYPHOON,
4 CASE FANS (2 80MM AND 2 120MM)

Naked_07 said:

Nope. In fact, the build quality is very good indeed. However, it won't power a Prescott - I'd suggest a strong single 12v rail for that, as can be found on the likes of the Sparkle FSP550PLG-SLI, OCZ PS520, Silverstone ST56ZF, Zippy single 12 designs over 460W, Delta DPS-550BB, and PC P&C 510W.

UL.com says that the registration number, E131875, belongs to ACBel Polytech.

Tom's tested a 550W Coolermaster by ACBel and a seemingly identical ACBel-branded 550W. The Coolermaster shut down during full load testing, while the ACBel's +3.3V rail dropped to +3.09V, slightly below the +3.14V minimum allowed by ATX specs.

It probably will, but will likely give up quick when you get to the overclocking.

I didn'6t pay the 78 bucks for it b/c i got it froma friend for 40 so you suggest i sell this or better off keeping it since my budget really can't surpass $100 cdn...

Not sure if I can manage to recommend a good Prescott overclocking PSU under $100, but this comes awfully close to that budget, and is about the cheapest huge single 12v design I know of:

Sparkle FSP550PLG-SLI: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=111108110&vpn=FSP550-SLI&manufacture=SPARKLE POWER INC.

Failing that, NCIX has a couple Powerstream 420W units in the clearance area that are under $100 - not as strong as the Sparkle, but should do it: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12234&vpn=OCZ420ADJ&manufacture=OCZ Technology

Last edited:
yeah i find many things to be cheaper in the US but after shipping and 15% brokerage/import fees, it would be cheaper for me to walk down the street to a place called microbytes and buy it, they are great at extorting....so it can be difficult to get any kind of deal.

You're not going to find any better 460W PSU than that :)

You may need PCI-E adaptors if you have a video card that needs such a connector, but that PSU won't bat an eye at the Prescott. Has a good chance of powering SLI also.

Back