• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking problems please review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bodycast

hey every one just to start off i have never overclocked before but any ways this is my rig

intel p4 3.2ghz (800Mhz FSB)
Abit IS7 mainboard
2 512mb DDR400 ram chips
nvidia fx 5700 le

i dont know what my problem is i have been to some web sites that say that the most i could over clock my CPU was to 230MHz and to put 1.6 volts into it i tried that the first time and my computer would try to start and the fans and stuff would start up but my moniter mouse and keyboard would not turn on and in about 7-10 second it would shut off this happened a couple of times and then i tried it once most and my computer started up and was working windows loaded and i got to my desktop i didnt do any ting but turned off then turned on my computer agian and it was working ok idle but i didnt want to F up my computer considering i have no money for repair or replace parts so i put it back and since then i have been trying to overclock it in incriments and can get windows to start except with the 230MHz FSB and 1.6v

what do you guys think?

Back