• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth the extra cash between the 920, 930, and 940?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

starrwsn

At www.tigerdirect.com the 920 is $260, the 930 is $330, and the 940 is $450. I was planning to buy the 920, but if there is a large performance gain if I go with the 930, then i'll spend the extra $70. But if there is a huge performance gain i'll go with the 940 even thought its kinda out of my price range. Does anybody know how each of these can overclock to? Like what is the average overclock of these three chips? I'm looking to get 4.5ghz overclock on a dual core. I know the 940 will do it, but do the 920 and 930 have a chance? Thanks for your time.

920 all the way...cheapest and OCs just as well or better than the rest.

Ross is right :( I could have saved $70 and had a higher OC if I would have "Downgraded" to a 920. Strange but true...

:cool:

lol thanks. I thought I heard this from somewhere but I didn't understand why. But I guess cheaper is better these days.

starrwsn said:
lol thanks. I thought I heard this from somewhere but I didn't understand why. But I guess cheaper is better these days.
Has alot to do with the multiplier ;)

CoreGamer said:
Has alot to do with the multiplier ;)

Probably also has a lot to do with early production yields.

Don't be suprised if this changes in a few months with production and stepping changes.

Back