• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I push it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CoreGamer

Alright I have a 6200TC (Sad I know) And The max resolution I can get for my windows desktop is 1280 x 1024,(using stock software) the card runs my games fine (for now untill I get a new vid card). I know in RivaTuner you can add costom screen resolutions, would this work? Could I make my vid card do 1600x1200 with the vid card (and still be safe) ?

EDIT: Forgot to add that im using a dell flat 19 Inch Monitor

most LCDs (like the dell 19's) wont display higher than 1280 x 1024, BUT to try, right click on the desktop, then properties, then settings, then advanced, then monitor tab then (if its not greyed out) unclick "allow modes this monitor cannot display", then go back to the properties -> settings menu and see if you can set it to 1600 x 1200. if it is greyed out it most likely means that the monitor you are using cannot support higher than 1280 x 1024. (which, if its a dell LCD, I am 99% positive is true.)

Autolex84 is right, if it doesn't want to display for your desktop, it's probably your monitor and not the card that's holding you back. If you create a higher resolution than your monitor can put out, you'll most likely just have to scroll around to see all of the desktop.

Aww that sucks, you guys were right (not that I would ever doubt you guys :p) I thought these dell monitors were supposed to be good? Crappy CRT's can display 1600 x 1200 :(

Back