• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD --> MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1twelve2

umm... every now and again, i turn on my computer, and i get the BSOD with a MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR as the cause... what is this all about? i tried looking up some answers, but all that they would tell me is that it is a hardware problem... umm which peice of hardware??? i recently re-formatted my machine, would that have anything to do with this? would a re-format correct this? im all out of ideas... :shrug:

thanks

WarriorII said:
Still doing it even after the reformat?

might be oc'd too much.

ya it is... it didnt do it BEFORE the reformat... and i need to change my sig then, lol, i put it back to stock speed like 2 minths ago :p

but ya, i looked at that microsoft thing, and it didnt help much...

would anything be conflicting on my system? (sig for specs)

Is it possible that maybe yuo have a heat issue.
Is your HS/F correctly placed it is possible that you may have a bad heat problem..thermal contact ... maybe not proper airflow...
What is your cooling setup like?
Air / Water/ Vapo...

If you have proper cooling, you probably don't have enough Vcore or the processor is at a wall. Sorry. :(

Back