• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Counter Strike Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DvBoard

uh, i know this is kinda a general question, but what's the differences between all the different counter stike games being sold now? i head to the store and there are 3 different ones :eh?: 2 are $39.99 but have like 3 parts to them? and another one is $19.99 (Halflife?).

Help a guy out here if ya don't mind. i played CS a long time ago, but haven't been able to touch it since it went to steam (lack of $$$ to buy it and friend who owned it went away to school :( )

if you don't want to goto the store, you can buy it through steam, which lets u download it, for 20$. not sure what one you would buy in the store though, i assume the 20$ one.

you do not want Counter-Strike: Anthology its not source, and the first one, Counter-Strike: Source is your best bet, but you can find the Half Life 2 game which comes with Counterstrike source for the same price as just buying css at bestbuy.

but your best bet, is to buy it online via steampowered.com for $20, and than use the backup game feature after its fully downloaded and updated, burn the backup to disk along with new version of the steam client, and you have a disk :D

yea i got the silver package about a year ago... comes with everything... including all the previous CS incarnations, half-life 1 and 2, a 're-worked' half-life 1 (some new graphics, mostly the same), and a ton of other stuff I still haven't looked through... I don't remember the exact tally but it's a lot of game for your money ;)

they dont offer the silver bronze and gold anymore, its something different to rip you off :(

Fr3@k3r said:
yes thats true, its standalone games for purchase only now... your best bet is to find the original HL2 game for sale and buy it because it comes with Hl2, CS:S and Deathmatch, which would be over $70 where the original hl2 retail can be found for under $30
$50 at my local BestBuy. what retailers (not online) tend to be cheapest?

you can find sealed copies on ebay for under $30 but as for local retailers... Gamestop, EbGames, Walmart, Compusa and Bestbuy.

edit*

the original retail version is no longer available for purchase, so its ebay if you want it. or the new hl2 platinum or buy online, or the single copies you gave links to earlier.

edit**

the new Half-Life 2 Platinum $60:

Half Life, Half Life 2, Counter Strike Source, Half Life 2 Deathmatch, Day Of Defeat Source...

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=334229&pfp=SEARCH

Parents bought me Half-Life 2: game of the year edition. Comes with Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. I think it's about $50 at most places.

CS:S is the way to go now.

Back