• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! 7800GTX with artifacts after NV Silencer Install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guillaume

I did everything by the book, and when I boot the card shows tons of wird artifacts (lines, colors, characters. etc..). I verified, the silencer is seated properly, all the thermal pads are making contact...Any idea?
I hope the card isn't fried...

guillaume said:
I did everything by the book, and when I boot the card shows tons of wird artifacts (lines, colors, characters. etc..). I verified, the silencer is seated properly, all the thermal pads are making contact...Any idea?
I hope the card isn't fried...

return that silencer and get a zalman, those silencers are junk..

A tiny scratch on an A64 with the IHS removed is the difference between a working CPU and a new key chain =/

Mate, you might have smashed the core by tightening the screws a bit too hard. One has to be very careful as the core is a delicate piece of real estate. Did you hear a crunch by any chance?

Tough luck man...we all make mistakes. :(

try putting on the stock cooler and boot it up see if the trouble returns.
if it does its most likely the core,if it doesnt then somthing is wrong with the silencer.

I'd check the flatness of the silencer, it might be warped. I remember alot of people were having problems with the original NV5's when the 6800 series version came out.

Back