• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5LD2 goes comatose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I was running this rig headless but have to monitor it closely because it will act like it it has hibernate enabled(it does not) but will not "wake up".
Even more bizarre is that when hitting restart the machine doesn't reboot, no beep or display. The only way it will boot up is if I switch off the power supply and unplug the power cord, then plug it back in. ???

This is my 2nd P5LD2, was real pleased with the first one...anyone have any idea what's going on here?

I have seen this happen to me but i have attributed it to me working on cabling or nearby rigs on my rack.

It only seems to happen when i do something in my rack, and otherwize it runs just fine 724.

A number of times i have found with mostly the same ld2 that it does not find the lan hardware on reboot. Recovery seems to be a power off or even a cmos reset .... so maybe there is the same problem with one of mine too! I had been thinking it was a driver issue , but maybe the problem is hdwr based.

Have u looked at the asus support site for anything like this? ... i find the site pretty poor myself.

I haven't gone to the asus site yet. I just discovered this problem yesterday, while dealing with a home network issue, which took way more time than it should of. :eh?:

The BIOS is different in this P5LD2 from my first board, and has some added features, while not having other features such as the enhance C1(for C1E support). BTW, I'll take this op pertunity to mention that I don't really care for the AMI BIOS, in general. This particular BIOS has that, uh...kind of a mushy feel to it, if that makes any sense. Back to the issue at hand: so far the only changes I've made are to set "never" for the monitor shut off, in Windows Power Options. I haven't changed any BIOS settings except for enabling High Priority Port Select. I haven't tested the reboot yet, but will shortly.

Back