• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The KILLER NORTON GOBACK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Layback Bear

Beware of Nortons Systems Works 2006!
It will lock you up, does not see hard drives,can't get to safe mode,can't start from XP-PRO C/D , Nortons Systems Works Pro.
Took it to my Intel preimer dealer and was told he had to start afresh. Can't do that eather. Won't F-DISK or G-Disk, or Format. The problem is the GOBACK. My dealer had to get with Symantec (Norton) and follow the instrutions. Once my drives were wiped a fresh install my pc is just fine
As soon as I can figure out how to put my P/C goodies in my signature I will

Goback is the devil. That disgusting piece of buffalo tripe screwed up my system too.

Did the same thing to a freinds as well. As far as i'm concerned, windows system restore works fine.

I disabled XP's system restore and I have never used Norton Ghost or Go-Back I did get a copy of Go-Back 4.0 with my IS05 software. But after reading the manul I didn't like the idea of it constantly reading/writing to my HDD. That in it's self would make the HDD's life very short indeed if something goes wrong and I can't fix it. And I've back-up what I need a format is what I do.

Last edited:
You're required to low level format the HDD if partitioning utilities refuse to delete the partition!

Im' running two HD'S, may be thats the problem.. Lots of people run two. Go back doesn't see eather. It just and loops and restarts

Back