• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help marrying coppermine board to tualeron chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
I've done mountains of reading already, researched the board, researched the chip, researched the mods available, and here's where I am. I've got an ECS board with a VIA 693 chipset. It has both a 370 socket and a 1 slot. I modded the socket to allow me to isolate pins AN3, AJ3 and AK4. I've also wire wrapped AK4 to AJ5. I get POST and can enter BIOS but the system is way too unstable for any kind of use. I didn't do any kind of mod for voltage as the board can be set to as low as 1.5v and the chip's native voltage is 1.475v. Multiplier isn't the issue as the chip is 1.2ghz and *12 multi is available in BIOS. I've read the million post thread here and just about everything over at The Lunch Box. And I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Any thoughts?

try not to trip over each other rushing to help. I know this is old tech but somebody's got to have some insight.

not sure it might be a chipset issue. I have never seen tually run like that in non intel boards. Im wondering why would you want to try now? Sorry i cant help not sure what to tell you besides what i already said...

I've always been an AMD man, the chance to pick up a cheap tualeron came my way and I had a board to put it in so I wanted to give it a shot and see if I could learn something along the way.

o one thought i had if you can find one...get a sloket that will work with the tually that should work... other then that might need to find a 81x board... i still have my abit st-6 (815ep) with a 1.2ghz tually but i killed the psu in another test rig... o_O
GL, i hope you prove me wrong since it been too long on this subject..

"wire wrapped AK4 to AJ5" - it's been a long time but i think it's an optional step, try without it.

also, keep in mind, that's an old via c/s we are talking about. remember all those memory timing issues and irq intr. problems? some tweaking is required with those.

Back