• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ccphil55

I'm not sure if this is a hardware, or software problem, but here it is. I have the lanparty nf4 ultra d non sli version. Awhile back, when i would start the computer up, my instant messengers would log in, and log off within ten seconds, but then re-log in and be fine, that has been going on for a few months now, i thought nothing of, just thinking something in windows is messed up. In the past few days, it has degraded to staying connected when it wants to, now it gives you about 15-30 seconds in which you can aquire a pin before it stops working. I have tried a fresh install on the extra hardrive i normally use for storage on my computer, and that gives me the same result. Then i thought it might be the network cable that was junk, so i tried my buddies working one, and that also gave me the same result. So i have concluded that its the lan connections on my mobo that are messed up, or its some nasty virus on both of my hardrives, but I have data on those two drives that i can't afford to loose, so if i can keep the data and fix the problem that would be good. I'm really stumped, and i need the computer runnning asap.

Some onboard NIC's usually have problems. I go thru it evry once in a while. Maybe you have a NIC card to try?

Have you installed the latest drivers?

You can also try this tweak:

Go to device manager
Go to network adapters
Right click on your adapter that's shown
Go to properties> Advance tab
Scroll all the way till you see "Speed/Duplex Setting"
Then go to the right of the drop down window
Click on the arrow and look for:"Force 10 Half Duplex"
Click OK and save. Click evrything ok then save.

Reboot and see if that helps you out. Werks great for me and i use this tweak on evry machine i build including my own :D

I tried that, and i'm still having the problems, i'm still stuck using my roomates computer. I have somebody offering me a network card for 10 bucks, i'm just wondering wether or not i should be chasing software stuff first, or is it infact a hardware problem.?

Back