• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 2001FP Flickering?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mils128

I have a Dell 2001FP with a NVIDIA 6800GT and my moniter flickers on and off for 1 second about 5 or 6 times after i have exited games or am surfing.
Any ideas

refresh rate on the moniter is 60 and on video card is 60 that is native for this moniter. it only hapens when i exit games and start surfing the net, or when i alt tab out. and this only happens when using DVI, not when using th RGB cable

ok so update i installed my moniter drivers and its still happening, yes it does happen when changeing resolution but even when i am just sitting here without changing resolution on the web and it randomly starts flickering. called dell told them about the problem they simply had me do the moniter self test and they said everything was fine. i heard of someone with the same problem with an ati card and they said they reduced their dvi frequency, where can i do this with NVIDIA Forceware.

You can do it with Powerstrip. My 2005 FPW gets horizontal lines going in dvi at default horizontal sync or whatever its called for dvi. If I up it to 60.4 it goes away. What you need to change it to depends slightly on the card too. I guess all dell monitors have this little problem.

Back