• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet Cooling Rather than Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stuartslater

Hi Guys my problme is that I have

Intel 670 Processor
GTX7800 256MB Graphics
2GB DDR
SATA 400MB
ABIT AW8 Motherboard
Wave Master Case

And the thing sounds like a Tornado in mid Flight with the Standard CPU Fan Intel Provide and it runs very Hot.

Bought a Water Cooling Unit by Coolermaster and now it runs cool with a silly buzz that is annoying from the pump.

My Question is how do I keep this thing cool without the noise.

for video card, a Zalman VF700Cu at 5v should be sufficient. 7v would be better but a tad noisier

for the CPU, I would recommend a heatpipe cooler. Something like the SI-120, Thermaltake Big Typhoon, Zalman CNPS9500, or Scythe Ninja should be able to tame that beast with low noise levels. The SI-120 and Ninja do not come with a fan so you will need to find a low noise fan that offers acceptable cooling. The Nexus and Coolermaster 120mm are good suggestions.

:welcome: to the forums.

stuartslater said:
Hi Guys my problme is that I have
Bought a Water Cooling Unit by Coolermaster and now it runs cool with a silly buzz that is annoying from the pump.

My Question is how do I keep this thing cool without the noise.
Do you mean going back to air, or fixing the buzzing in your WC unit?

I would try to fix that buzz from your pump first. It may be the easiest and cheapest solution. Most buzzing is caused by vibrations from the pump resonating into the case. You can usually fix that with rubber padding or stands between the pump and your case. If you are lazy like me, you probably just want to buy something, so here is a suggestion.
http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-tub-66.html

Back