• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WoW performance since upgrading to 7800gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pie-rate

I upgraded from a 6800gt to a 7800gt, reinstalled drivers, but now when I enter WoW I get a lot of lag, seems to be from loading models. Anyway, my fps stays down at 4-10 for a LONG time before getting to 60.
edit: Oh and I didn't notice this NEARLY as much before.

I just defragged. Didn't make much difference.

specs (because I need to update sig):
AMD FX-55 @ ~2980 primes for 10hrs
1gig Kingmax ddr466 @ ddr440 @ 2.5-3-3-7 memtested overnight on tests 8 and 5
eVGA GeForce 7800gt CO not overclocked, doesn't oc well at all
80gig hitachi sata150 drive

Didn't use drivercleaner but I shouldn't have to as I upgraded from another nvidia card.
Yes, latest release from nvidia.

well i dont know much about WOW as far as the graphics are concerned but if its a graphic intense game and uses alot of ram and you try to play with all high settings then your 1gb of ram isnt going to cut it. Do you get any lock ups, game studders along or what?

liftedcj7on44s said:
well i dont know much about WOW as far as the graphics are concerned but if its a graphic intense game and uses alot of ram and you try to play with all high settings then your 1gb of ram isnt going to cut it. Do you get any lock ups, game studders along or what?
Game stutters along for a while, then goes up to 50-60fps (vsync is on, but when off it goes up to 99 sometimes. 20fps is fine for WoW as it isn't a FPS.) It is understandable that it should stutter for a while when it first starts, but when it lasts a minute its a problem.
The game uses about 550megs of physical memory peak, and I have nothing unnecessary running in the background apart from gaim.
Perhaps 1.9 introduced memory leaks? Because I SWEAR it was never this bad before I got my 7800gt.

Back