• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Ram for the a8n-sli deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rfisher983

Registered
Sorry if this is a repeat "thread". I just joined this forum and havent check the search engine yet. I'm coming from a socket A mobo, the old a7n8x deluxe with a 2800+. I realise it is time for an upgrade as im playing more and more q4.

Since cpu’s are the most depreciated item, I'm plan on going w/ 3700 SD since it is fairly cheap and offers a lot of bang for the buck. I will aircool this chip w/ xp120 on the a8n-sli deluxe (going with the a8n-sli instead because I probably won't use sli; plus bench marks get 1 to 2 more fps.) I would probably try to raise the fsb to around 250, which I dont know if it is reasonable because i never delt with the XP chip before.

Now two questions. I'm not sure if I should go with 2x512 or 2x1024? I've been reading a lot of reviews at anandtech.com and i get confussed more and more i read them. I can spend around $120 - $250 for the memory.

What is the best 2x512 OCZ ram for our motherboard? two sticks of pc3200 w/ low latency or two sticks of pc3500,4000, etc, etc? I've been hearing very good reviews from the 2x512 OCZ Platinum EL Rev.2 (2-2-2-5).

If I choose to go with 2x1024 what is the best stick ?

I would like a response ASAP, since newegg is running some rebate offers :)

Also - would you recommend the ocz powerstream 520 or the enermax liberty 620

Thanks for your help!
-Rob

You should check out this thread to help onthe memory issue. IMHO either one of those PSU's would probably suit your needs. Go with Price. And, while I've only ever had experience with OCZ Performance PC3200 (2.6v 2.5-3-3-6) memory, you should do a little homework and see what others are using to successfully oc similar rigs. The Platinum looks great though and allows you to run 2.9v without invalidating the warranty.

So, basically, it sounds like you'll probably come away with a pretty nice rig.

Back