• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will newegg return my refurb DFI ultra-d?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hoho220

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39668&page=3&highlight=error+loading

Well after I got all of my parts in I built my computer only to get suck on the second half of the windows xp install. After it reboots I get "ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM". I have tried everything possible as you can see on in the link above. Do you think newegg will refund my money or send me another board? I also did not have time to try out the evga 7800gt but it did display the bios and windows install screen.

The ultra-d came with bent capacitors as well as some pretty nasty wear on the screw in slots. None of this would have bothered me had the board simply loaded my operating system and worked.
The 7800gt did not come with the power cable which is necessary to run the board but did come with every other cable listed on the box. I did purchase a $10 in order to make the card run. I know that cables are not always included in refurbs I am just letting you know. The heatsink on the board had obviously been removed from this board and has some pretty nasty scars on the actual heatsink itself. When I say a scar it looks like someone slipped with a screwdriver and hit the plastic part up top as well as the aluminum itself taking off portions of the heatsink.

Last edited:
Send in the mobo for exchange. You have 15 days. Also, don't do the exchange through their RMA online... call them and tell them you also want a shipping refund. Send the package to them in a flat-rate USPS box (they have ones that fit mobos PERFECTLY), and then they'll have you fax over your shipping receipt to them.

Don't take any chances (if you've diagnosed it enough)... just exchange it instead of waiting it out cuz then your 15-day may run out and that wouldn't be too great. :)

As long as it's within the prescribed time period for refurb returns, then yes. If not, you've got a fancy wall ornament. At least you are only out 60 bucks. You should've purchased the ASRock. A little more expensive, but has a warranty longer than a month.

hoho220 said:
I am now at 20 days... please do not tell me i have an $85 non working mobo...
They'll still do it if you're cool about it.

And as I see from your other post, you're good. Did you get a fax# to be refunded on the shipping like I said?

Back