• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows just rebooted and I don't know why.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Powered

:shrug:

After playin games for a long time and the system has been running all night and all day yesterday, I went to load a CD and the system just does a hard reboot like someone hit the reset switch.

Last time this happened, I moved up the voltage on the VCore and Mem and it never happened again until last night. :shrug:

Right now I am just going through some trial and error to see if I can remedy the problem.

I can run memtest for at least 10 hrs straight with 0 errors so that rules out the memory.

The CPU can pass dual prime and pcmark 04 without a single hiccup, so that rules that out.

I'm really concerned/confused has this ever happened to anyone before?

The only thing that I ran prior to the reboot was battlefield 2 special forces. One of the level utilized like 1.2 GB of my memory and for some reason Windows went to use the page file which took the game incredibly long time to unload from the system.

Right now I am running Windows SP2 Pro - just did a fresh install a few days ago, haven't done any of the 'auto updates' yet - could this be the problem?

Open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message related to the error you're receiving (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Copy and paste (use the "Copy to Clipboard" button under the arrow butons in the Event Properties" window) a couple of the latest critical error messages as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

redduc900 said:
Open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message related to the error you're receiving (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Copy and paste (use the "Copy to Clipboard" button under the arrow butons in the Event Properties" window) a couple of the latest critical error messages as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

Right now I don't have acccess to my computer, so I can only give a vague description of the error.

It reads DCOM unable to location something, because some service isn't started.

Back