• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my OCZ 520 be enough for a X1900 Crossfire setup???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Just wondering because I just read that one 1900 requires 30 Amps on the 12V... How many amps would a Crossfire setup require??? I might have to get rid of my 920 OC is looks like....

Just found this on ATI's site....

For CrossFire™: 550 watt power supply or greater, 38 Amps on 12 volt rail

Looks like I won't be able to run it with my current setup..... :(

unless dual rails count.. which i don't think is likely.. loll

And my friends sometimes question why I have just a single card lol.

Its because I don't want a 700W powersupply in my PC :)

JCLW said:
30A at core voltage, ~1.4v I think.

Well at 1.15V its 30A for me. One guy was reporting 42A with 1.25V and I was only getting 35A

PC Power & Cooling 510 Express powers my X1800XT Crossfire no problem, along with Pentium D920@4ghz, and every last molex, SATA connector is used up, I'm talking like 5HDD, 3 optical and about 5 fans.

The 510 is rated to sustain 510watts at 50C. It peaks around 650w. 12v is 34A and 38A peak. I called PC Power & Cooling and they said not to worry, the PSU will power my rig without incident,..... I was looking for an excuse to buy a 850SSI.

I would venture a guess that an OCZ 520 would be enough, those supplies can certainly put out more than 600W for peak periods and hence I would not hesitate to run a X fire setup on one. The 600W dual rail OCZ PSU woudl most likely be a worse choice than the 520.

Back